by Jill and Kelli
We welcome your suggestions for additions to our Top Blogs (see tab on right side of home page)! Email Susie@jillstanek.com.
- Ethika Politika features a thoughtful, two-part essay by Millie Dasher entitled, “Why I Say No to the Pill.”
- At Live Action, Kristi Burton Brown notices a strange “Personhood for Women” petition on Change.org, which seems to be over-the-top snark only focusing on women’s “reproductive rights.” How tragically far modern feminists have fallen from the likes of Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, who abhorred abortion and viewed the ability to bear children as a privilege, not a burden.
- MommyLife shares an article on the link between abortion and subsequent premature births.
- Fletcher Armstrong compares doling out contraceptives to feeding bears:
We are told not to feed the bears, because it breeds dependency. They end up with the habit of coming to humans for food, and then they forget how to take care of themselves. They can appear friendly at first, but when you don’t give them what they want, they become hostile and dangerous. The greater the dependency, the more aggressive they become. Among humans, we call it Leftist Dependency Syndrome.
- Mark Crutcher writes on the attempt to minimize social issues during the political season:
Scripture talks about people who choke on gnats while swallowing camels. Make no mistake, this “drop-the-social-issues” chant is a textbook example of that phenomenon.
What we must never forget is that God is not going to judge America over unemployment rates, regressive tax policies, immigration laws or any of the other issues we deceive ourselves into thinking are so crucial. But if we continue to behave as if we can avoid His judgment over the slaughter of the unborn, we are presiding over the collapse of this nation.
It may not be politically correct to say this, but the truth is that if we continue down this path, we have no hope left. Not only is our destruction assured, it is well deserved.
- Canadian blog Big Blue Wave has posted a really snappy promo video for Canada’s March for Life, to be held May 10:
[Image via mahalo.com]